Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Chief Financial Officer will define the process and implement the infrastructure/systems needed to support substantial growth over the next five to 10 years. The CFO will continue to build and manage effective and streamlined administrative/financial systems, including financial, accounting, legal, information technology (IT), human resources (HR), and physical infrastructure. As a member of the senior management team, the CFO will be involved in strategic planning, evaluation, and professional development initiatives, as well as planning for Western Sierra Medical Clinic’s expansion. In keeping with Western Sierra Medical Clinic Nonprofit’s values, the CFO is responsible for leading the finance, accounting, audit, and operations support functions, and providing both strategic and hands-on leadership.
Education and/or Experience
The Chief Financial Officer will have at least five to eight years of professional experience, including managing the finance and administration of a high-growth $20 million to $30 million organization. He/she will have experience creating and driving the analytic framework for planning and managing organizational change in a highly entrepreneurial organization and experience in an FQHC setting.
The Chief Financial Officer will have the following experience and attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree (MA/MBA preferred) in Business, Management, or Finance.
- Excellent people skills, with experience collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team.
- Demonstrated experience in financial management and accounting, ideally in the nonprofit sector.
- Experience should include legal, audit, compliance, budget, and resource development.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities, proposing new ways of creating efficiencies, and guiding investment in people and systems.
- Proven effectiveness leading professionals in finance and accounting.
- Technologically savvy, with an ability to point to examples of having worked with IT staff to develop and implement new processes and systems that increased efficiency in a fast-moving environment.
- Flexible and a self-starter; able to multi-task while also being highly detail-oriented.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to Western Sierra Medical Clinic’s mission.
- Experience in an FQHC setting
- Experience running a $20 to $30 million company
Note: Only individuals with previous healthcare experience in a similar role will be considered for this position.