Western Sierra Medical Clinic is open to help identify and stop the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus) .
A Message from the CMO:
Dear Patients of WSMC,
At WSMC, we take your health and safety seriously. If you are experiencing potential symptoms of COVID 19 (fever, sudden loss of taste or smell, cough, body aches, sore throat, congestion, or shortness of breath), we are offering testing from 10:30am to 12:30pm at our 844 Old Tunnel Rd location AND from 2pm to 4pm at our Auburn location on 12183 Locksley Lane #107, Monday thru Friday. Testing at other sites is by appointment only. Only individuals with symptoms will be tested with exception of healthcare workers, workers in congregate living or skilled facilities, workers in emergency services, or caring for elderly/disabled individuals in the home. This testing prioritization is in accordance to the California Department of Public Health guidance.
California Department of Public Health Testing Guidance: https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/Pages/COVID-19/Updated-COVID-19-Testing-Guidance.aspx
If you have been exposed and have symptoms, you are to isolate at for 10 days from onset of symptoms PLUS 72 hours after fever resolves without medications. If you have been exposed and have no symptoms, you are to quarantine at home and self-monitor for symptoms for 14 days. Exceptions apply for people in the healthcare field using appropriate PPE, please discuss with your employer.
For Instructions on Isolation and Care of Upper Respiratory Symptoms
We appreciate all of your cooperation with our safety guidelines of wearing face coverings when entering our buildings. We appreciate all of your efforts to socially distance when at home or out in public. And most of all, we appreciate your patience and kindness with all of our staff and each other.
- Western Sierra Medical Clinic is offering COVID 19 testing for Persons with symptoms of potential COVID-19 infection, including: fever, cough, shortness of breath, chills, muscle pain, new loss of taste or smell, vomiting or diarrhea and/or sore throat
- We are not offering testing for people without symptoms at this time
- The testing is on a first come first serve basis at the designated times Monday thru Friday or by appointment only. You will be triaged OUTSIDE by staff when you arrive and present to the front of the clinic.
You can help the prevention efforts by:
- Avoiding close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- STAY HOME when you are sick, except to get medical care.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
Symptoms of the coronavirus can include, fever, cough, and shortness of breath. These symptoms are usually mild and can be treated at home. We encourage you to stay home and call us if you have questions at 530-274-9762.
Nevada County Information:
Placer County Information:
Sierra County Information: