Western Sierra provides for the health care needs of mothers-to-be and babies in the region.
The Women’s Health Department team includes Andrea Gekas CNM, Women’s Health NP, Faye Jensen MD, Obstetrician and Gynecologist, and Allison Blackham, Licensed Midwife.
Our team provides caring, compassionate, holistic and evidence-based Women’s Health Care for all phases of life including
- Routine gynecological exams, contraception services and basic infertility evaluation.
- Comprehensive prenatal and postnatal care.
- Delivery at the Family Birth Center at Sierra Nevada Memorial Hospital.
- Perimenopause and post-menopause care.
- Abnormal gynecological conditions, abnormal bleeding, pain with intercourse.
- Teen Clinic provides confidential services related to birth control, STIs, etc.
- Dr. Jensen is available specifically for high risk or complicated OB/GYN consultation.
We accept private insurance and Medi-Cal and offer a very reasonable sliding scale cash pay option for those without insurance.
We are Family PACT providers, offering comprehensive family planning services to eligible California residents.