The teen clinic is critical for the community, especially as teenagers and young adults face health care issues, including life-threatening situations such as severe depression or substance abuse.
“We are committed to being available to the community’s youth, providing confidential health services for issues related to mental health and reproductive health,” says Dr. Christina Lasich, Chief Medical Officer for Western Sierra. “Teenagers have so many demands on them, from family issues to peer pressure, and we want to make sure they receive the services they need within a safe, protected environment.”
The teen clinic services include:
- Birth control education and supplies
- Decision-making counseling and support
- Pregnancy testing and referrals
- STD/HIV testing and referrals
- Mental health counseling and support
- Referrals to community services
- Nutrition education
Contact us at 530-274-9762 to find out more.