Our community partners, FREED, have some resources to share for individuals with disabilities.
FREED is assisting individuals who rely on power for durable medical equipment, assistive technology, or to stay cool or warm during a PSPS event.
- Individuals must live in Nevada, Placer, El Dorado, Yuba, Sutter, or Colusa counties.
- Individual must have a disability and require power for durable medical equipment or assistive technology or need power to stay cool or warm due to a disability.
- Individuals must be impacted by a PSPS event. We check the address of the individuals against the PG&E outage maps. Hotel stays will not be provided to individuals who live in an area that is not being impacted by the PSPS event.
- FREED is partnering with CFILC to serve Placer and El Dorado. Other areas of the state are covered as well with the lead organization listed on the below PG&E and Disability Disaster Access Resources websites.
- Personal Preparedness planning
- Medical Baseline Enrollment
- Backup Battery Charging Stations – please note these supplies are limited but still refer them. We will analyze if they could benefit from a battery or if a hotel stay is a better option.
- Hotel stays during PSPS events. We have agreements with hotels in Grass Valley, Yuba City, Roseville and Sacramento.
- Transportation – gas card or paying for rides related to going to a hotel or Community Resource Center.
- Gas cards for individuals who need money for re-filling generators during a PSPS to power their DME, AT, or to keep cool or warm.
If you would like to apply for this service, please fill out an application at:
- to fill out an application. Everyone who gets battery, hotel, and transportation services through us during a PSPS event must complete this application.
If you need assistance with accessing this service, please let give us a call.